Topic: Divine Encounter
Text: Genesis 32:22-30
Theme: The results of a divine encounter
Title: lord visit me today
This was Jacob whose name means a supplants, deciver , crook, cheat, thief and a 4 1 9. His life was a mess, he stole his brothers birthright, robbed him of his blessings, cheated and stole from his uncle Laban. Now he was about to meet his brother he had betrayed before again, at this time he was tired of playing tricks, living a wayward life and being so carnal. At this time he cried out loud and said to himself he needed an encounter with the lord. So he isolated himself, sent away his whole family and stayed alone waiting on God the whole night all he wanted was a divine visitation and a divine encounter.
So finally God fulfilled His words in Matthew 7:7 and Jeremiah 33:3. By visiting this man that has been waiting on God at peniel
The visit brought out the following results:
1. A divine encounter can change your personality and identity. Vs 28
It change the nature of Jacob and his name.
2. A divine encounter brings divine blessings. Vs 29
3. Jacob encountered God as a person but came out as a nation. From a Jacob to Israel a nation.
1. Isolate your self in a quiet place today and ask God for a divine visitation.
2. Ask God to change something about you today
3. Ask God to bless you with the blessings of nations.
4. Tell God to increase you from little to plenty, small to mega, lower to higher, spiritually and all round.